Public bug reported:

This worked in Ubuntu 17.04 (I *think* -- definitely did work in earlier
Ubuntu releases but I'm not 100% sure 17.04 was the last working
release) but is broken in Ubuntu 17.10 and in 18.04.

The date command no longer handles summer time (Daylight Saving Time)
for dates after January 2038 (i.e., when seconds since the epoch
overflows a signed 32-bit time_t).

Steps to reproduce:
 in bash, run the command:
      TZ=America/Los_Angeles date --date=@2196000000

Expected results:
  Wed Aug  3 09:00:00 PDT 2039

Actual results:
  Wed Aug  3 08:00:00 PST 2039

System information:

$ lsb_release -rd
Release:        18.04
$ dpkg -l coreutils | grep "^ii"
ii  coreutils      8.28-1ubuntu1 amd64        GNU core utilities
$ dpkg -l tzdata | grep "^ii"
ii  tzdata         2018d-1      all          time zone and daylight-saving time
data
$ uname -sm
Linux x86_64

** Affects: coreutils (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to coreutils in Ubuntu.

  date command no longer handles daylight saving time (summer time)
  after January 2038

Status in coreutils package in Ubuntu: