Public bug reported:

See upstream bug report 7074 (systemd-logind's IP sandbox breaks nss-nis
and suchlike) [1]. Logging in takes a long time.

    May 30 13:26:25 ubuntu1804 systemd-logind[2993]: do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC:
Unable to send; errno = Operation not permitted
    May 30 13:26:50 ubuntu1804 sshd[3446]: pam_systemd(sshd:session): Failed to
create session: Connection timed out

Conclusion:

> Please ask your downstream distribution to either:
>
> 1.  include a systemd-logind.service.d/ snippet in your nss-nis package that
> turns off the IP firewalling logic for logind
> 2.  or patching systemd-logind.service for everybody to disable it
> distro-wide (which I'd really not recommend though, compromising the security
> for everybody just because for compat of a nowadays pretty niche nss module
> that does some very questionnable things doesn't sound like the best way out
> to me)

[1] https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/7074

** Affects: systemd (Ubuntu)

  systemd-logind: do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to send; errno =
  Operation not permitted

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu: