On Friday 10 October 2014 16:10:22 James Mulholland wrote:
> Thanks for this, looks great so far!
>
> Some initial feedback (some of which I am sure you are already aware of):
>
> 1a. 'Apps' should be reposition-able and unfavorite-able when in edit mode
> (as with other scopes).

The "Dash & Feeds - RTM Usability Fix" document says "The Apps feed cannot be
deleted/unsubscribed or moved from its position at the top of the list."

I hope this is correct since both Pawel and me had to do extra code to make
that happen.

> 1b. The 'home key' in the launcher should move the user to the first
> position in the dash (not to the 'Apps' scope specifically)
>
> 2. When in edit mode, check-boxes for multi-select and, select-all icon and
> trash-icon for multi-delete should be present.

As far as i understand the checkboxes and the select-all are there useful for
the "unsubscribe" feature and that has not been agreed of being part of OTA 1,
so there's no use at all for the checkboxes and that's why they are not there.

> 3. When in edit mode the user shouldn't need to long press an item to begin
> dragging items - tapping and dragging (on the 'grip') should begin the drag
> and drop.

Ok

> 4. When dragging/repositioning items in the list, horizontal movement
> should be disabled (i.e. the user can only drag up/down along the vertical
> axis.

Ok

> 5. Our placeholder 'drag handle' assets should probably be looked at by
> visual design (although the grip made of 9 small squares is OK as a
> placeholder for now).

I'll use whatever you guys give me :)

> 6.The way items appear semi-transparent when being dragged could pose
> problems with legibility, this is further complicated by the item being
> dragged appearing as a 'copy' of an item still in the list (although I like
> the way the list resorts to accommodate the newly dragged item)
>
> The only other example we currently have for drag and drop in the U.I
> should probably be our guide here - Repositioning app icons in the launcher:
>
> 'Manage' scopes (currently):
> - Semi-transparent copy of item being long pressed/dragged is created,
> floats before the list and attaches to users finger.
> - Line is used to preview new position for dragged item.
>
> Launcher:
> - App icon is removed from the list and attaches to users finger.
> - Remaining App icons 'fall' to fill gap left by dragged item
> - Line is used to preview new position for dragged item.
> - Other App icons are nudged slightly as the user drags the item up and
> down item prior to releasing - (which icon is nudged and the direction it
> nudges in are determined by the current position of the preview line and
> the direction of the user drag.
>
> I hope that's clear? Difficult to describe in bullet points, so I'd
> recommend taking a look at the launcher and playing with it's drag and drop
> functionality.

So do you want me to copy what the Launcher does?

Because the launcher does allow horizontal movement and you said you don't
want horizontal movement. Can you clarify it?

Cheers,
  Albert

> Very encouraging early build though, thanks again!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-scope-mediascanner
in Ubuntu.

  When searching videoaggregator scope, local videos are shown at the
  bottom

Status in Unity Media Scanner Scope:
  Fix Released
Status in QML plugin for Scopes:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity-scope-mediascanner” package in Ubuntu:

  In the new-scopes unity8, searching videos works, but "My Videos" are
  shown at the end, when one would generally expect local videos to be
  at the top

  Package: unity8 (not installed)
  ApportVersion: 2.13.2-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64