The list of recording devices will appear. Make sure that the “Internal
Microphone” is selected. Try speaking into your microphone, and look for blue
bars moving beside Input Level while you talk (see screenshot).
http://www.ipadsupportnumber.com/blog/fix-apple-application-support-error-2/

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Macbook Air microphone not working

Status in ALSA driver:
  Unknown
Status in Mactel Support:
  Confirmed
Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  From orinoco8 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=914510:

  I have tried for some time, but my macbook air microphone is still not
  working. It's running Ubuntu 8.04 (up-to-date).

  Tried alsamixer and turned on all the input devices. Skype picks up
  nothing (tested through test call). "Sound Recorder" records nothing.

  Sound works fine.

  From kosumi68:

  I can confirm that this problem has been present through all versions
  of 8.04, and it has not - to my knowledge - been fixed.

  There are several possible source of the error, so I am reluctant to
  guess on a particular package yet.