I hope to find a work arround for my problem

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

** Converted to question:
   https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+question/672526

  package systemd-shim failed to install/during upgrade:to 18.04

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I was running the software updater to install ubuntu 18.04, when I got the
error message,
  "Could not install systemd-shim."

  I continued on with the install and got the message, "Could not
  install "/var/cache/apt/...deb" package."

  I continued on with the install and got the message "Could not install
  upgrade."

  I rebooted and it looks like it did upgrade most of the applications.

  I ran the software updater and it tells me "Not all updates can be
  installed" and that I have to run a partial install.  I do this and
  get the message "Could not install 'systemd-shim'.  The upgrade has
  aborted. Your system could be in an unusable state. A recovery will
  run now (dpkg --configure -a)."

  I tryed Synaptic and it tells me that systemd-shim is "Marked for
  removal".  I try and Apply the change and get the error  message "E:
  systemd-shim: installed systemd-shim package post-removal script
  subprocess returned error exit status 2".

  So how do I fix this so that I can finish the install?

  ProblemType: Package
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  Package: systemd-sysv 237-3ubuntu10.3
  Uname: Linux 4.15.0-32-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Fri Aug 17 12:16:55 2018
  ErrorMessage: installed systemd-shim package post-removal script subprocess
returned error exit status 2
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20100429)
  Python3Details: /usr/bin/python3.6, Python 3.6.5, python3-minimal,
3.6.5-3ubuntu1
  PythonDetails: /usr/bin/python2.7, Python 2.7.15rc1, python-minimal,
2.7.15~rc1-1
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   dpkg 1.19.0.5ubuntu2
   apt  1.6.3
  SourcePackage: systemd
  Title: package systemd-sysv 237-3ubuntu10.3 failed to install/upgrade:
installed systemd-shim package post-removal script subprocess returned error
exit status 2
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-08-17 (0 days ago)