[Expired for systemd (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

  /var/log/journal consumed all available disk space

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Running 18.04, systemd 237-3ubuntu10, and all of my available disk
  space on /var (4.3G) just got eaten up by systemd-journald.
  /etc/systemd/journald.conf has all the default values (everything
  commented out).  Processes were starting to crash, and I only
  recovered by running "sudo journalctl --vacuum-files=1" which brought
  it back down to 25M.

  My understanding is that the defaults are supposed to prevent this
  from happening.  I'm not familiar enough with systemd to further debug
  why this might have happened.