*laughs*

Indeed, I do not need this anymore. I've had time to graduate university
(where CUPS was useful), move homes a bunch of times, change OSes, among
other things. Have a good triage!

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 11:06 AM gf <856...@bugs.launchpad.net> wrote:

> Hello Jonathan,
> Thank you for submitting this feature/enhancement request for the cups
> package.  You made this request quite some time ago and Ubuntu has been
> updated since then.
>
> Do you think this feature/enhancement is still needed or can we close
> this bug report?
>
> Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu better.
> [Ubuntu Bug Squad volunteer triager]
>
> ** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/856776
>
> Title:
>   Cannot declare itself as another username with CUPS server
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Cannot declare itself as another username with CUPS server

Status in Common Print Dialog:
  New
Status in cups package in Ubuntu:

  Originally posted on http://askubuntu.com/questions/61095/use-
  different-username-on-cups-remote-printing :

  > I'm using CUPS to print on an enterprise network. The job gets submitted
fine, but I need to submit it as another username. Now  I'm `jon` but I need to
send it as say `jonallard`.

  > On the command line, one could print as such
  >
  >     lp -U jonallard -d printer1 file.ext
  >
  > How do I customize the *username* part when using the GUI printing dialogs
and the Printing system settings?

  > It is possible that it isn't, in fact, possible to add this username to the
Ubuntu print config. If so, where should I ask for an improvement?"

  Martin Owens -doctormo-@AskUbuntu suggested I add the username in the
  IPP URI directly. The printer address dialog won't let me do that.

  Is this a bug or is there some hidden place to put this username or
  should it be improved?

  Package: system-config-printer-gnome 1.3.1+20110222-0ubuntu16.3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-11.48-generic 2.6.38.8
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-11-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Architecture: amd64
  CupsErrorLog:

  Date: Thu Sep 22 16:17:38 2011
  ExecutablePath: /usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release amd64 (20110427.1)
  InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python2.7
  Lpstat: device for uprint-mono:
ipp://cups.ncs.mcgill.ca:631/printers/mcgill_mono
  MachineType: LENOVO 427637U
  PackageArchitecture: all
  Papersize: letter
  PpdFiles: uprint-mono: Generic PCL Laser Printer
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_CA:en
   LANG=en_CA.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.38-11-generic
root=UUID=264a98b8-d582-4814-bb46-81adf856e638 ro splash vga=795 quiet splash
vt.handoff=7
  SourcePackage: system-config-printer
  dmi.bios.date: 05/13/2011
  dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.bios.version: 8BET44WW (1.24 )
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Not Available
  dmi.board.name: 427637U
  dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.board.version: Not Available
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Information
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.chassis.version: Not Available
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvr8BET44WW(1.24):bd05/13/2011:svnLENOVO:pn427637U:pvrThinkPadW520:rvnLENOVO:rn427637U:rvrNotAvailable:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrNotAvailable:
  dmi.product.name: 427637U
  dmi.product.version: ThinkPad W520
  dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO