-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --

This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has
been closed from further activity.

You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through
this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xdg
/shared-mime-info/issues/46.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to shared-mime-info in

  Nautilus often can't recognize mp3 without extension

Status in Nautilus:
  Won't Fix
Status in shared-mime-info:
  Unknown
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in shared-mime-info package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: nautilus

  MP3 files are often not recognized in Karmic. I took all mp3s from my music
archive, removed extensions, and only a half of files were recognized. It was
OK in Jaunty.
  You can get a sample file which is not recognized at
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/36237701/Come.mp3
  It was erroneously reported as bug in File, see bug 490087.