Public bug reported:

Hi,

Should systemd-timesyncd start before network is brought online?

|         Starting Network Time Synchronization...
|         Starting Update UTMP about System Boot/Shutdown...
| [  OK  ] Started Dispatch Password Requests to Console Directory Watch.
| [  OK  ] Started Set console font and keymap.
| [FAILED] Failed to start LSB: AppArmor initialization.
| See 'systemctl status apparmor.service' for details.
| [  OK  ] Started Commit a transient machine-id on disk.
| [  OK  ] Started Network Time Synchronization.
| [  OK  ] Found device /dev/ttyS0.
| [  OK  ] Started Update UTMP about System Boot/Shutdown.
| [  OK  ] Listening on Load/Save RF Kill Switch Status /dev/rfkill Watch.
| [  OK  ] Reached target System Time Synchronized.
| [  OK  ] Created slice system-getty.slice.
| [  203.966839] cloud-init[1267]: Cloud-init v. 18.4-0ubuntu1~16.04.2 running
'init-local' at Fri, 23 Nov 2018 04:14:41 +0000. Up 72.55 seconds.
| [  OK  ] Started Initial cloud-init job (pre-networking).
| [  OK  ] Reached target Network (Pre).
|          Starting Raise network interfaces...
| [  OK  ] Started Raise network interfaces.
|          Starting Initial cloud-init job (metadata service crawler)...
| [  OK  ] Reached target Network.

Or should it (systemd-timesyncd.service) have something like the
following so it's started after we have networking?

| After=network-online.target
| Wants=network-online.target

On a couple of systems, it seems to take a while booting up (MAAS
commissioning) and I'm wondering if it's related to the above. The last
logging line is:

| [  OK  ] Started Network Time Synchronization.
| [  OK  ] Reached target System Time Synchronized.

With a long pause before the rest. I mean, it may or may not be this,
but thought I'll file a bug anyways.

** Affects: systemd (Ubuntu)

  systemd-timesyncd should fire after network?

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu: