Public bug reported:

Codename is `n/a` which is not right.
I noticed that codename is come from `_lsb_release()` in `aptsources/distro.py`.
However `lsb_release -a` may give a wrong result.
Maybe we could try `cat /etc/debian_version`. All Debian derives should have
this file.

```bash
# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        9.6
Codename:       n/a

# cat /etc/debian_version
buster/sid

# cut -f1 -d'/' /etc/debian_version
buster

# cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux buster/sid \n \l

# cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux buster/sid"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/";
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support";
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/";
```

```python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/add-apt-repository", line 95, in <module>
    sp = SoftwareProperties(options=options)
  File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line
109, in __init__
    self.reload_sourceslist()
  File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line
599, in reload_sourceslist
    self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 93, in
get_sources
    (self.id, self.codename))
aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a
distribution template for Debian/n/a
```

** Affects: python-apt (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "Fix invalid codename"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1808337/+attachment/5221962/+files/fix_invalid_codename.diff

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to python-apt in Ubuntu.

  Codename is n/a

Status in python-apt package in Ubuntu: