Architecture: i386
Date: Sat Dec 15 08:17:01 2018
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
ErrorMessage: subprocess dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile returned error exit status 2
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release i386 (20091028.5)
Package: grep 2.5.4-4
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-14.48-generic
SourcePackage: grep
Title: package grep 2.5.4-4 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess dpkg-deb
--fsys-tarfile returned error exit status 2
Uname: Linux 2.6.31-14-generic i686

** Affects: grep (Ubuntu)

** Tags: apport-package i386

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to grep in Ubuntu.

  package grep 2.5.4-4 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess dpkg-deb
  --fsys-tarfile returned error exit status 2

Status in grep package in Ubuntu:

  i am using an old version of ubuntu 9.10
  problem is i have an old machine without cdrom and need to upgrade my system
to any stable version of ubuntu .

  ProblemType: Package
  Architecture: i386