** Changed in: pango1.0 (Ubuntu Cosmic)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pango1.0 in Ubuntu.

  Backport Unicode/Emoji 11 updates

Status in pango1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in pango1.0 source package in Cosmic:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Impact
  ======
  Once a year, there is a new Unicode and Emoji release. 2018's release is
Unicode 11.

  Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and 18.10 already include Google's color emoji font
  for Unicode 11 (LP: #1788256) but neither Ubuntu 18.10 nor 18.04 LTS
  are able to display the new combinations introduced in Unicode 11 such
  as red-haired people.

  Test Case
  =========
  Copy and paste the red-hair man 👨‍🦰 into gedit. It should show as a single
character.

  Regression Potential
  Although the code was written several weeks ago, it was only released in
pango 1.43 (a development release) today so it's not seen many users yet.

  On the other hand, pango does have a test suite run during the build
  and as autopkgtest and those tests still pass. I haven't seen any
  issues yet and we'll work to fix any issues that do develop.

  A significant portion of the change set comes from the Unicode data
  sets and from the Chromium Unicode/Emoji parser. Both of those parts
  have received wider testing and use over several months.

  Other Info