** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 210472
   Timidity daemon doesn't play nice with pulse audio
   [XPS 13 9370,  Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio (rev 21),
Speaker, Internal] Pulseaudio fails to detect card

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Timidity does not connect to pulseaudio

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in timidity package in Ubuntu:

  In Ubuntu 8.10 64 Bit, all applications I use properly connect now to
  pulseaudio. I can listen to banshee music at the same time as watching
  a youtube flash movie.

  But there is still one application which does not connect to
  pulseaudio, timidity. I use tuxguitar with timidity, both installed
  from the ubuntu repository, when a flash movie is played or a song
  with banshee, there is no sound in tuxguitar.

  When I remove pulseaudio and set the sound to ALSA, everything works
  fine and i can get sound in tuxguitar at the same time as listening to
  music trough banshee.

  apt-cache policy packagename :

  timidity:
    Installiert: 2.13.2-19ubuntu3