I decided to uncheck all the boxes and after running the final two
commands everything seemed to run pretty normally except for this error:

**
dpkg: error processing archive
/var/cache/apt/archives/libqtcore4_4%3a4.8.7+dfsg-7ubuntu1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite shared '/etc/xdg/Trolltech.conf', which is different from
other instances of package libqtcore4:amd64
dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libqtcore4_4%3a4.8.7+dfsg-7ubuntu1_amd64.deb
**

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qt4-x11 in Ubuntu.

  Can't install or uninstall any application

Status in qt4-x11 package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I have this notification that says:
  **
  An error occured, please run Package Manager from the right click menu or
apt-get from the terminal
  to see what is wrong.
  The error message was:'Error: BrokenCount > 0'. This usually means that your
installed packages have unmet dependancies
  **

  I ran the 'sudo apt-get --qq upgrade' on the terminal and it returned:
  **
  E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).
  **

  I copy-pasted the recommendation 'apt --fix-broken install' into the terminal
and got this back:
  **
  E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13:
Permission denied)
  E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend),
are you root?
  **

  I do have root privileges on my machine but beyond this point what am
  I meant to do as I really don't wanna mess with anything else without
  proper guidance.