CurrentDesktop: GNOME
Date: Mon Apr  1 10:17:50 2019
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Beta amd64 (20150805)
PackageArchitecture: all
SourcePackage: tzdata
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-05-24 (311 days ago)

** Affects: tzdata (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug bionic

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to tzdata in Ubuntu.

  System clock miracoulously jumped ahead by one hour overnight

Status in tzdata package in Ubuntu:

  The clock miraculously jumped one hour ahead on my system overnight.
  Two nights ago there was the switch to summer time. This went fine,
  i.e. the UTC system clock was not changed and the system just added
  another hour to interpret it as UTC+2 (CEST). However, this morning I
  found that over the next night the UTC system clock was incorrectly
  advanced by one hour. The system was suspended, but not rebooted,
  there is no Windows installation/virtual machine that could mess with
  the clock. ntpdate -q displays the error message "no servers can be
  used, exiting", but this cannot explain why the clock jumped ahead.
  The clock was reset correctly after I replaced ntp with chrony.

  Package: tzdata 2018i-0ubuntu0.18.04
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.6
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME