** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Canonical Server Team (canonical-server)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  include fwupd packages in Server Seed

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:

  fwupd is the closest we have to a standard mechanism currently for
  doing in-band firmware updates in a vendor agnostic way.  As long as
  the vendors provide firmware blobs in an appropriately formatted
  package, fwupd (or fwupdate) can install those firmware blobs from
  within Ubuntu.

  Because of this, we should include the related packages in the server
  seed.  The main components all live in Main currently.  As far as I
  can tell (verified on a Bionic install), nothing in the current server
  seed pulls in fwupd, fwupdate, or fwupdate-signed as a dependency.

  ubuntu@xwing:~$ apt-cache policy fwup*

  fwupdate:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 10-2