> I see no need to reenable it in stable series. It has a regression potential,
> since it used to be flakey, it may start to be flakey again blocking SRU
> migrations.

er, isn't that the point of these tests, if they start failing again we
should investigate and fix the problem, instead of ignoring them?  Maybe
I'm not understanding what you mean, and if so, sorry.

  test_systemd_fsck_with_plymouth_failure passes but marked expected
  failure

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in systemd source package in Xenial:
  Invalid
Status in systemd source package in Bionic:
  In Progress
Status in systemd source package in Cosmic:
  In Progress
Status in systemd source package in Disco:
  In Progress
Status in systemd source package in Eoan:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [impact]

  this test case was marked as expected failure in the past to try to
  ignore failures, but it now passes and so causes autopkgtest failures.

  [test case]

  run autopkgtest and check for the
  'test_systemd_fsck_with_plymouth_failure' test, e.g.:

  test_systemd_fsck_with_plymouth_failure (__main__.FsckdTest)
  Ensure that a failing plymouth doesn't prevent fsckd to reconnect/exit ...
bash: line 1:   786 Killed
/tmp/autopkgtest.84SCbj/build.1op/src/debian/tests/systemd-fsckd 2> >(tee -a
/tmp/autopkgtest.84SCbj/systemd-fsckd-stderr >&2) > >(tee -a
/tmp/autopkgtest.84SCbj/systemd-fsckd-stdout)
  autopkgtest [16:47:57]: test process requested reboot with marker
test_systemd_fsck_with_plymouth_failure:0
  Connection to 10.44.40.6 closed by remote host.
  autopkgtest-virt-ssh: WARNING: ssh connection failed. Retrying in 3 seconds...
  test_systemd_fsck_with_plymouth_failure (__main__.FsckdTest)
  Ensure that a failing plymouth doesn't prevent fsckd to reconnect/exit ...
unexpected success

  Ran 1 test in 17.952s

  FAILED (unexpected successes=1)

  [regression potential]