Public bug reported:

I dual boot several Ubuntu versions and have edited /etc/default/grub to
show them on boot (and default to the last used).

When eoan installs grub I no longer see the grub menu listing them
during boot.

Holding the shift key doesn't help.

Although not displayed the menu seems to be active as I can select
another install by using the cursor keys and enter.

Reinstalling and updating grub from 18.04 restores normality - once I've
found 18.04 by guessing where it is on the (hidden) boot menu.

** Affects: grub (Ubuntu)

** Package changed: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu) => grub (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  eoan boot hides grub menu

Status in grub package in Ubuntu: