Jean, we need your cooperation to find out whether our SRU of Network
Manager for Bionic (NM 1.10.14) actually has a regression or whether
your problem was caused by the missing update of systemd. With this
information we can help many other users of Bionic who suffer other bugs
and for which we have introduced this SRU.

So I want to ask you whether you could install BOTH the SRUs for systemd
and network-manager as I have described in comment #11 and if after
installing these packages and rebooting the problem still persists
follow my instructions of comment #10 to provide us additional
information to solve the problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  1.10.14-0ubuntu2 breaks DNS propagation from VPN

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  I have an OpenVPN connection, and I use the update-systemd-resolved to
  correctly fetch the DNS from the VPN. The issue arose updating my
  Ubuntu 18.04: the script is no longer invoked, and even invoking it
  manually (sudo openvpn myfile.ovpn) does not work anymore, even if in
  that case systemd-resolve --status shows the new DNS on the interface
  correctly.

  As suggested in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-
  manager/+bug/1211110/comments/99, reverting to 1.10.6-2ubuntu1.1 fixes
  the issue.