Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: kmod (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to kmod in Ubuntu.

  kmod: Do not blacklist pcspkr on Ubuntu Server

Status in kmod package in Ubuntu:

  I have noticed that the package 'kmod' has denied the
  'pcspkr' module. I have examined the comments from the
  file '/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf', wherein this denial
  was made, and apparently it was made solely for reasons
  related to Ubuntu Desktop. The comments say that the sound
  generated by the module should be replaced by a "nice
  pulseaudio [1] bing".
      I suggest that you fix this by splitting the server
  configuration into a separate package, wherein the denial
  of 'pcspkr' should be removed, and retaining the original
  package only on Ubuntu Desktop.
      (I prefer the terms 'approved list' and 'denied list'
  over 'whitelist' and 'blacklist', because the latter terms
  originated from the racist days of Jim Crow.)
      [1 /Sic erat scriptum/. Should be "PulseAudio".]

  Package: kmod 22-1.1ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 4.10.0-19-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.20.4-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sun Apr 16 10:07:33 2017
  Dependencies:
   gcc-6-base 6.3.0-12ubuntu2
   libc6 2.24-9ubuntu2
   libgcc1 1:6.3.0-12ubuntu2
   libkmod2 22-1.1ubuntu1
   lsb-base 9.20160110ubuntu5
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" - Release i386
(20161012.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=linux-m
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=es_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: kmod
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to zesty on 2017-04-14 (2 days ago)
  mtime.conffile..etc.modprobe.d.blacklist.conf: 2017-03-25T13:19:57.760888