This issues show up again on Bionic now.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to eglibc in Ubuntu.

  "Restart services during package upgrades without asking?" fails to
  honor --yes for apt-get

Status in eglibc package in Ubuntu:

  I left an old netbook to do an "apt-get -y dist-upgrade" overnight,
  and when I returned to it the next morning, the upgrades were
  unfinished because libc upgrade was waiting for me to respond to
  "Restart services during package upgrades without asking?"

  It looks like the question is prioritized depending on whether the
  upgrade is done on desktop or not, and if it's not, the priority is
  set critical. According to documentation [1], critical is for "Items
  that will probably break the system without user intervention." I
  don't think restart-without-asking satisfies that condition.

  * [1] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-
  manuals/debconf_specification.html#AEN101

  Package: libc6 2.15-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-17.26-generic-pae 3.2.6
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-17-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 1.91-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386