I also had:

```
snd_hda_codec_hdmi hdaudioC2D0: HDMI: invalid ELD buf size -1
```

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  No audio after unplugging HDMI (with workaround)

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  Background:
  My audio used to work correctly. I recently attached the device to my TV
using HDMI. The audio kept playing from laptop's speakers. So, from settings, I
changed the audio output to HDMI. It worked correctly.

  Issue:
  After removing the cable, I had no audio. I could go to the settings > audio
page, and see that the output was set back to speakers. The test sounds from
the settings worked, but no sound from other apps.

  Expected:
  System and apps sound to come out of laptop's speakers.

  Workaround:
  What I did to fix this, was to reattach the HDMI cable to the TV, this time
the audio started automatically playing on the TV (while the first time I had
to explicitly select it). I went to settings > audio and I changed the audio
output (which was now set on HDMI) back to the laptop's speakers. Once
detaching the HDMI, the audio continued working correctly from the speakers
like it used to do.

and especially is not switching properly for applications. Possibly it is just
switching for some low level interface.

  Willing to help with triaging and test.

  Package: pulseaudio 1:11.1-1ubuntu7.2
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.7
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  giorgia    1786 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC2:  giorgia    1786 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  giorgia    1786 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: communitheme:ubuntu:GNOME