[Expired for shadow (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: shadow (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to base-passwd in Ubuntu.

  Xubuntu 18.04 passwd file in etc displays passwd unencrypted

Status in base-passwd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in pam package in Ubuntu:
  Expired
Status in shadow package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Hello,

  I have a workshop where I provide mostly Ubuntu community editions in
  computers and help people coming with computers already setup with a
  *buntu version. A lady came to me as she couldn't master her computer,
  (there is someone in town who installs Ubuntu editions without
  teaching his clients how to deal with their machines).

  She has an Ubuntu Xfce (Xubuntu) 18.04.x which is what she currently
  uses, especially as she doesn't know how to boot to the othe OS. :s

  So I chrooted from a live to recreate her Xubuntu user passwd, and oh
  surprise! The /etc/passwd file was showing her password in plain text,
  unencrypted. (I could read it easily, it was her family name!).

  I have not had the time to dig further, check other editions and
  versions exept the ones I use, however I think, as it has happend in
  the paste, the persons in charge should look into it and check all
  recent Ubuntu and community versions editions (if relevant).

  Thanks for your work!

  Best regards,
  Mélodie