Public bug reported:

Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Kernel 5.5.0
pulseaudio:
  Installed: 1:11.1-1ubuntu7.4
X570 Aorus Master Motherboard. ALC1220 ESS Sabre sound.

I have surround 5.1 speakers and the Front Left and Right are Muted.
I have to unmute Headphones in alsamixer to hear sound from the front left and
right speakers is the workaround.

This step should not be required for speakers 5.1 to work.

** Affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master with ALC1220 and ESS SABRE 9118 DAC Muted
  Front speakers 5.1

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu: