This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue on a maintained version of Ubuntu please let us
know.

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  ubuntu-bug -w doesn't work in Kubuntu to report problems with
  Distribution Upgrade

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:

  I'm upgrading from Kubuntu 13.04 to 13.10. I found a few polish bugs
  with the upgrade and wanted to report them. It's not clear what
  launchpad project the upgrader is, so I followed the instructions
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs which say

    Collecting information about a program with a window open
    If you want to file a bug about an application but you don't know what that
application's package name is, if it has an open window you are in luck.
    In a terminal execute the command 'ubuntu-bug -w'.

  I did so, this brings up an "Information - Apport KDE" dialog which says
    After closing this message please click on an application window to report
a problem about it.

  but when i click on the "Distribution Upgrade" window an "Invalid PID -
Apport KDE" dialog appears which says
    The specified process ID does not belong to a program.

  so I have to hunt around and guess what program this is. I think the upgrade
program I'm running is
    /usr/bin/python /tmp/ubuntu-release-upgrader-6b47du/saucy --mode=desktop
--frontend=DistUpgradeViewKDE

  `apport-bug -w` has the same problem, I believe it ends up running the
  same Python code as `ubuntu-bug -w`