This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue on a maintained version of Ubuntu please let us
know.

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [Realtek ALC269] internal mic does not work on Fujitsu Lifebook TH700

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  Hi. I got a new Fujitsu Lifebook TH700 and attempted to run Skype on
  Kubuntu with it. Long story short, there was an arduous process of
  making sure Skype was using Pulse correctly followed by an arduous
  process of making sure Pulse was using ALSA correctly, and I seem to
  have narrowed down the problem to ALSA not using the internal
  microphone correctly. The Microphone input works when I plug some
  headphones into it, then use alsamixer to set the input device to
  "Mic", then talk into the headphones. But when I set the input device
  to "Internal Mic" I have no such luck with the two microphones on my
  screen, no matter how much I fiddle around with it.

  The internet has suggested in various places that I play around with
  snd-hda-intel options, but setting it to 'basic', 'fujitsu' and
  'lifebook' have all failed (and presumably it started in 'auto' which
  also failed, although I can do this explicitly if you need me to).

  Since I'm using Skype, my standard probe is the pulseaudio  Volume
  Meter for Recording. As I said, microphones attached to Mic In are
  able to broadcast this distance when ALSA is configured correctly, but
  the built-in microphones seem to fail. I might try to boot Windows a
  bit just to make sure that it is not a hardware error and will keep
  you updated about that, but it is getting late here. ^_^;;