This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue on a maintained version of Ubuntu please let us
know.

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  X-fi Titanium not detected by alsa (but listed in lspci)

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  Here is my problem, hope this will help you...

  I was running lucid and had no problem with my X-Fi, working "out of the box".
  Then I moved to maverick by reinstalling completely the system...(one time
with ext4, second time with btrfs), and the card isn't detected anymore.

  It's listed in lspci but not in aplay -l.
  The snd-ctxfi module is loaded,
  I tried reloading, it worked with no errors reported...but still the card
isn't recognized.

  The I tried to compile the alsa drivers, I got errors during "make"
  =>i've had to modify the file : "pm_qos_params.h" and add :

  int pm_qos_add_requirement(int qos, char *name, s32 value);
  void pm_qos_remove_requirement(int qos, char *name);

  (it seems that this problem occurs to all people trying to compile
  alsa on Maverick)

  After install... it still wasn't detected by alsa

  I then compiled and installed alsa's last version from Alsa
  Snapshot...and it didn't solve my problem either.

  Then I compiled my own kernel, one time Maverick's one, from ubuntu
  repositories, and one time with the last available from kernel.org...
  both were working but it did not bring my X-Fi back.

  I finally tried, despaired, to downgrade all packages that had
  something to do with alsa (and pulseaudio), back to Lucid version...
  which didn't work better.

  I have no idea of what may cause that problem, at least I tried to
  provide the "non-working solutions"...hope this helps.

  Thanks,
  Noar

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.23+dfsg-1ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-22.33-generic 2.6.35.4
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-22-generic i686
  AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
  AplayDevices: **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
  Architecture: i386
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  noar       1669 F.... pulseaudio
  Card1.Amixer.info:
   Card hw:1 'Bt878'/'Brooktree Bt878 at 0xdfffd000, irq 17'
     Mixer name : 'Bt87x'
     Components : ''
     Controls      : 3
     Simple ctrls  : 5
  Date: Mon Nov  8 14:40:39 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release i386 (20101007)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  Title: Soundcard not detected
  dmi.bios.date: 09/28/2007
  dmi.bios.vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
  dmi.bios.version: W7301VP2.316
  dmi.board.name: Cuba MS-7301
  dmi.board.vendor: Packard Bell BV
  dmi.board.version: 1.0
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Packard Bell BV
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnPhoenixTechnologies,LTD:bvrW7301VP2.316:bd09/28/2007:svnPackardBellBV:pn:pvr:rvnPackardBellBV:rnCubaMS-7301:rvr1.0:cvnPackardBellBV:ct3:cvr:
  dmi.sys.vendor: Packard Bell BV