This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue on a maintained version of Ubuntu please let us
know.

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  toshiba qosmio x770 subwoofer not working

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  I have a Toshiba Qosmio x770 and the internal subwoofer is not
  detected.

  I tried ubuntu 10.10 and 12.04. In 10.10 pulseaudio let me choose 4.0
  speaker configuration (nothing like x.1 there).

  In 12.04 the configuration window for the internal speakers has two
  sliders (fade and subwoofer) but are disabled (the value is at center
  for fade and minumum for subwoofer).

  The mode dropdown is also disabled (the selected value is Analog
  stereo output).

  After searching in google I  modified the enable-lfe-remixing to true,
  default-sample-channel to 3 or 6 and also tried the option snd-intel-
  hda=auto, toshiba but with no visible results.

  Can someone help me with this?

  Thank you.