[Expired for apport (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Binding "Super" (potentially along with other modifiers) to space
  sometimes triggers default binding of Super to open Dash

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I am using Ubuntu 13.04.

  I was trying to bind Ctrl+Alt+Super+Space to "Toggle maximization
  state" under "System Settings" -> "Keyboard" -> "Shortcuts" ->
  "Windows".

  This keybinding is not very reliable, and seems to somehow interfere
  with the default actions on Super. In particular, attempting to tap
  Ctrl+Alt+Super+Space will sometimes cause the maximization to toggle,
  but other times will cause the Dash to appear.

  From experimentation, it appears that the behavior I get depends on
  which modifier is depressed first. (As a human, it is impossible for
  me to press multiple modifier keys at precisely the same instant.) If
  Super is the first modifier down, then when I get to pressing space,
  the Dash will open. If one of the other modifiers is pressed first,
  then the maximization is toggled (as desired). To elaborate, if the
  sequence of events is:

      Super pressed, Control pressed, Alt pressed, Space pressed

  then the dash will appear the instant the spacebar is pressed. On the
  other hand, if the sequence of events is:

      Control pressed, Super pressed, Alt pressed, Space pressed

  then the window's maximization will toggle the instant the spacebar is
  pressed.

  Trying all of the different permutations of modifier orderings, the
  only thing that seems to matter is if Super is the first modifier
  down.

  One more wrinkle: as far as I can tell, the incorrect behavior only
  seems to happen if the non-modifier key is space. If I change the
  binding for "Toggle maximization state" to Ctrl+Alt+Super+x or even
  Ctrl+Alt+Super+Return, then pressing the bound key combination will
  reliably toggle maximization regardless of which modifier is depressed
  first.