Hello Sebastien,
I was too happy at the first place. Yes there is the sound on speakers (I
didn't managed yet to check HDMI), but there is neither nor sound nor the
possibility to connect with BT headphones (all of my 3 sets are failed to
connect).
And regarding the booting previous kernel: sound from speakers appear only
if I boot 4.15.0-96 in safemode
Bizarre!

Sincerely,
Alexey

On Mon, 11 May 2020 at 19:05, Alexey Nuyanzin <anuyanzin....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Salut Sebastien,
>
> Thanks for your letter. Log file is in attachment.
>
> And yay it works again, but not from the first time on 4.15.0-96. I had to
> reboot it second time at safemode(without any applied changes in the menu )
> and it sounded well.
> Thanks again for you help, I'm not the first-timer on ubuntu, but anyhow I
> didn't even thought to just reboot myself under previous version system =)
> Is there anyway I can help to fight this bug ?
>
> Alexey
>

> On Mon, 11 May 2020 at 18:35, Sebastien Bacher <seb...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your bug report, could you look in /var/log/dpkg.log what
>> was updated? Could you try to start a previous kernel from the boot menu
>> see if that makes a difference?
>>
>> ** Tags added: bionic
>>
>> ** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)
>>
>> --
>> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
>> report.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1877542
>>
>> Title:
>>   Ubuntu 18.04.4 Inspiron 5379 No sound ALC3253  alsa-driver
>>
>> Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
>>   Incomplete
>>
>> Bug description:
>>   Hello,
>>   After last general update sound stops working on all interfaces.
>> speakers, headphones nor HDMI provide any sound output even bluetooth
>> headphones can't be connected.
>>   It seems that interface is connected to HDMI
>>   aplay -l
>>
>>   **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
>>   card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC3253 Analog [ALC3253 Analog]
>>     Subdevices: 1/1
>>     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>>   card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
>>     Subdevices: 1/1
>>     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>>   card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
>>     Subdevices: 1/1
>>     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>>   card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
>>     Subdevices: 1/1
>>     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>>   card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
>>     Subdevices: 1/1
>>     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>>   card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 10: HDMI 4 [HDMI 4]
>>     Subdevices: 1/1
>>     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>>
>> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.