Thank you for taking care of this so swiftly.

I don't believe I have much to add to the test-case. From testing
locally I can see that the warnings disappear from the log and the
connection _seems_ more stable. I underscore _seems_ because I have not
been able to figure out which other parts of the system are actually
using these particular dbus messages, if any. If nobody is actually
using these, the perceived improvement could be placebo.

I will keep testing though, because I've generally been struggling with
a stable wifi connection on 20.04.

Thanks again.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to wpa in Ubuntu.

  dbus errors, frequent roaming and unstable connectivity

Status in wpa package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  * Impact
  extra roaming events are been generated

  * Test case
  check the wpa_supplicant log, it should have warnings
  dbus: wpa_dbus_property_changed: no property RoamComplete in object
/fi/w1/wpa_supplicant1/Interfaces/3

  the roaming events should not be too frequent

  * Regression potential
  check that wifi connection keep working correctly

  --------------

  When using this version of wpa_supplicant with my company
  WPA2-Enterprise wireless setup, I'm experiencing far too frequent
  roaming events (even when not moving around) accompanied by hiccups in
  connectivity. I also see these messages in the wpa_supplicant log:

  dbus: wpa_dbus_property_changed: no property RoamComplete in object
/fi/w1/wpa_supplicant1/Interfaces/3
  dbus: wpa_dbus_property_changed: no property RoamTime in object
/fi/w1/wpa_supplicant1/Interfaces/3
  dbus: wpa_dbus_property_changed: no property SessionLength in object
/fi/w1/wpa_supplicant1/Interfaces/3

  Having done a little research, at least the dbus errors seem to be
  fixed by this commit upstream:

https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/commit/wpa_supplicant/dbus/dbus_new.c?id=23d87687c2428f3b94865580b0d33e05c03e6756

  So I built a version of wpa_supplicant including this particular patch
  and installed on my machine. Apart from solving the dbus errors
  completely, it seems to have had a positive impact on the frequent
  roaming and unstable connectivity as well (I've run for a day with no
  burst of roaming events at all, where they used to happen every few
  minutes most of the time.)

  Package: wpasupplicant 2:2.9-1ubuntu4
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27
  Architecture: amd64