Yes.

The official documentation for Qt 3D Extras (https://doc.qt.io/qt-5
/qt3dextras-module.html) says:

"This module is under development and is subject to change."

We decided not to include headers for this module until it becomes
stable. We made an exception for Qt 5.14 packages because the difference
between 5.14 and the final Qt 5 API/ABI was minimal, and I backported a
patch to make sure the ABI does not change in the future. For Qt 5.12 no
such exception can be made.

I can't say that it makes the Qt 3D package unusable. You can still use
the API that is declared stable. Also you are always free to build your
own version of Qt 3D or create a PPA for it.

** Also affects: qt3d-opensource-src (Ubuntu Focal)

** Changed in: qt3d-opensource-src (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: qt3d-opensource-src (Ubuntu Focal)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qt3d-opensource-src in

  Unable to locate package/Headers missing

Status in qt3d-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in qt3d-opensource-src source package in Focal:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Hi,

  I am a scientific software developper and I'm trying to use Qt3D on Ubuntu
20.04LTS.
  I am not used to filing bugs here, sorry if its not following the standards,
any comments on this will also be appreciated.

  Here is a list of the packages I installed prior to this bug.
  sudo apt install qt3d5-dev
  sudo apt install qt3d5-dev-tools
  sudo apt install qt3d-assimpsceneimport-plugin
  sudo apt install qt3d-defaultgeometryloader-plugin
  sudo apt install qt3d-gltfsceneio-plugin
  sudo apt install qt3d-scene2d-plugin
  sudo apt install qml-module-qt3d

  I also ran the command line:
  sudo strip --remove-section=.note.ABI-tag
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5

  as per my computer science colleague request

  But I am having errors left and right concerning the headers, as much
  as I actually have to include in my CMakleLists.txt those lines (I
  started to debug from Windows to Linux since our scientific build
  machine uses this target):

  #------------------------- *target*
  # Note: 3D Disabled on build machine because of 3D in QT
  if( ${CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME} STREQUAL "Windows")
    add_subdirectory(*target*)
    set_target_properties(*target* PROPERTIES FOLDER "apps/*target*")
    #Tell CMake to produce a visual studio Qt Project for integration with Qt
Vs Tools
    set_target_properties(*target* PROPERTIES VS_GLOBAL_KEYWORD Qt4VSv1.0)
  else
    include_directories("/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/Qt3DCore")
    include_directories("/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/Qt3DRender")
    include_directories("/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/Qt3DExtras") ->this
one useless
  endif()

  as you can see:
  /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5$ ls
  Qt3DCore        Qt3DQuickRender   QtDBus                QtNetwork
QtPositioning       QtQuick           QtSerialPort  QtUiTools           QtWebKit
  Qt3DInput       Qt3DQuickScene2D  QtDesigner            QtOpenGL
QtPositioningQuick  QtQuickParticles  QtSql         QtWebChannel
QtWebKitWidgets
  Qt3DLogic       Qt3DRender        QtDesignerComponents  QtOpenGLExtensions
QtPrintSupport      QtQuickShapes     QtSvg         QtWebEngine
QtWidgets
  Qt3DQuick       QtConcurrent      QtGui                 QtPacketProtocol
QtQml               QtQuickTest       QtTest        QtWebEngineCore     QtXml
  Qt3DQuickInput  QtCore            QtHelp                QtPlatformHeaders
QtQmlDebug          QtQuickWidgets    QtUiPlugin    QtWebEngineWidgets

  And this sub-package that you have does not contain the headers.
  https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/amd64/libqt53dextras5/filelist

  I think I will also be submitting there I find it weird.
  I will probably download Qt3D sources and temporarily link the headers
directly there but this is far from optimal for a build machine, as you might
expect.

  And finaly, this packages appear when I tab on: apt install qt3d-op...
  but when I run the install it cant find it. This is probably the issue that
you want to look at, as I will be going to this other package to see why the
headers are not following.

  Thank you very much and I hope I followed the guidelines here are my infos:
  /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      20.04

  apt-cache policy qt3d-opensource-src
  N: Unable to locate package qt3d-opensource-src

  /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5$ apt-cache policy libqt53dextras5
  libqt53dextras5:
    Installed: 5.12.8+dfsg-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 5.12.8+dfsg-0ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 5.12.8+dfsg-0ubuntu1 500
          500 http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/universe amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5$ sudo apt install qt3d-opensource-src
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
  E: Unable to locate package qt3d-opensource-src