Another test. When I try wget, I get the same certificate error not
valid.

So it seems it is at the certificate level that it is not recognized.

wget https://XXXXXX/share
--2020-06-28 21:33:18--  https://XXXXXXXX/share
Resolving XXXXXXXXXX (XXXXXXXXXX)... yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
Connecting to XXXXXXXXX (XXXXXXX)|yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy|:443... connected.
ERROR: cannot verify XXXXXXXXXX's certificate, issued by ‘CN=Let's Encrypt
Authority X3,O=Let's Encrypt,C=US’:
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
To connect to XXXXXXXXX, use `--no-check-certificate'.

I replaced IP and Domain for my privacy.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to file in Ubuntu.

  Files do no recognize a Lets Encrypt SSH certificate

Status in file package in Ubuntu:

  I tried to find any references for this question, but I could not find
  anything close to the issue.

  I have a WebDAV server using a Letsencrypt certificate. When I access
  it through any browser (Chrome, Firefox), the certificate is valid an
  all goes well. It also works from the default Mac OS file browser.
  Windows is a no go, as it never worked from the get-go due to a
  "feature" on its WebDAV client, and a non-issue for us.

  However, when I try to use the default Files app from Ubuntu 16.04,
  18.04, and 20.04 to connect to that server through the +Other
  Locations option (Dave://domain.com/share), it says the certificate
  authority is not known.

  Is this done on purpose (I mean not including the Letencrypt CA by
  default) Or just a mishappening somewhere?

  Thanks,

  Package: file 1:5.38-4
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.3
  Architecture: amd64