Wow, am I glad I found this thread... I've been spending literally days
trying to find out why I didn't get the predictable names. Never thought
it would be a bug.

I have to say: whoever works on the predictable naming scheme is doing a
very noble job... not having these predictable names is just a
nightmare.

Can I do something to help? I'd like to see you guys succeed in this
one.

  UC20 images do not use predictable interface names on RPi4

Status in snapd:
  Triaged
Status in linux-raspi package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  Image tested: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/20/dangerous-
  beta/pending/ubuntu-core-20-arm64+raspi.img.xz

  Boot the image and check the naming of the ethernet interfaces. On
  most devices (amd64, rpi3 etc) systemd predicatable interface naming
  is applied e.g. enxb827eb7d1eee. However on specifically RPi4 devices
  traditional naming is used e.g. eth0, eth1.