So after some investigation on systemd failures on ppc64el triggered by
the kernel on eoan, I noticed some coredumps on processes when running
under qemu inside the ADT environment.

As one of these processes is sleep, I am pretty confident this is caused
by the lack of emulation or rather the failure to ignore mffsl extra
bits, aka LP: #1847806.

I am not sure this is the right bug as it mentions lots of other
upstream failures across all arches. But it looks like the ones we are
seeing, and as we are referring this bug in our results, I thought it
was worht mentioning.

Cascardo.

  autopkgtest success rate in Bionic reached an unusable amount

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,
  Sorry to bother you - it seems we have this discussion every few months or so.

  I was looking at this due to an SRU and I realized that the last 50-100 tests
on all architectures are currently failing.
  http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/s/systemd/bionic/amd64
  http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/s/systemd/bionic/i386
  http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/s/systemd/bionic/ppc64el
  http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/s/systemd/bionic/s390x

  On one hand I see the known flaky boot-and-smoke but that is fine.
  On the other hand I see the test "upstream" failing always and it seems not
related to the actual proposed packages.

  Please help to resolve this mid-term.
  Short term I'll submit a force-badtest for this as it seems to hold up more
and more with no gain of seeing plenty of peopl just hitting retry every now
and then.

  If test "upstream" is utterly broken consider skipping it in the next
  upload that you do for regular service. That would bring back at least
  the remaining tests coverage.