Please run the following command to gather the video information:
apport-collect 1894852

(Temporarily assigned to xorg to automatically gather video logs with
apport.)

** Package changed: nvidia-graphics-drivers-450 (Ubuntu) => xorg
(Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Graphics slow on hybrid AMD/Nvidia laptop

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  I selected the nvidia driver as I did not know which package to
  select.  I am pretty sure that is not the problem as that driver is
  supposed to support the hybrid graphics in this laptop.

  What I was expecting on the clean install of Kubuntu was to use the
  dedicated Nvidia video card for graphics and I do believe with these
  hybrid graphics is it supposed to use the on CPU graphics for less
  intensive graphics.  Personally, I would be happy if the dedicated
  Nvidia card was only used at this point.

  What has happened is the system is showing AMD RENOIR (DRM 3.38.0,
  5.8.0-18-generic, LLVM 10.0.1) in the info centre and the VMWare
  driver is also showing in Steam.  The games I have tried to launch in
  steam are running at about 1FPS and I have tried games like Farming
  Similator 2013 which are very old and this computer should be able to
  run at well above 60FPPS.

  I get the same problem on Kubuntu 20.04.01 as well as 20.10.  Running
  the Nvidia X Server Settings shows the proper video driver and video
  card, but it does say None beside display devices.

  I tried hours to try and fix this problem.  I first thought it was a
  driver issue, but tried deveral different version of the proprietary
  Nvidia driver with no change.  I made sure I am using the latest
  driver only released a couple months ago still with no change.  The
  open source driver only shows a blank screen.

  I then thought maybe the computer is only using the on CPU Ryzen
  graphics; even though that should still get better than 1 FPS.  So, I
  tried solutions to force the dedicated video card.  sudo prime-select
  nvidia says the nvidia profile is already set.  The nvidia settings
  does not have any setting to force the video card as well.  prime-
  select query shows nvidia as well.  Most solutions seem to be for
  intel chipsets with the Nvidia 1050 and I have an AMD with Nvidia
  1050.

  Package: nvidia-driver-450 450.66-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu45
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Tue Sep  8 09:22:39 2020
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 20.10 "Groovy Gorilla" - Alpha amd64 (20200907)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_CA:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_CA.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: nvidia-graphics-drivers-450