Thank you very much for fixing swiftly!

Please forgive me for pointing this out though:

I note that rather than stopping the affected cipher suites from re-
using secrets across connections, you chose to declare the suites as
weak and disabled them altogether.

I appreciate that this is an elegant way to close this vulnerability, in
particular in the absence of an upstream patch.

However, this solution introduces the risk that when trying to establish
a connection with some legacy client or server, they can no longer agree
on a shared cipher, and the TLS handshake fails. That is not in the
spirit of a LTS, which is often elected and used precisely because it
makes it easier to to support legacy products reliably.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu.

  Fix Raccoon vulnerability (CVE-2020-1968)

Status in openssl package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in openssl source package in Xenial:

  Xenial's current OpenSSL (1.0.2g-1ubuntu4.16) seems to not have been
  patched yet against the Raccoon Attack (CVE-2020-1968):

  - https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv/20200909.txt
  - https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2020-1968
  - https://raccoon-attack.com/

  Ubuntu's CVE tracker still lists this as NEEDED for Xenial:

  - https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2020/CVE-2020-1968.html
  - https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/openssl.html

  Other supported Ubuntu releases use versions of OpenSSL that are not
  affected.

  Indeed:

    $ apt-cache policy openssl
    openssl:
      Installed: 1.0.2g-1ubuntu4.16

    $ apt-get changelog openssl | grep CVE-2020-1968 || echo "Not patched"
    Not patched

  What is the status?