This bugreport has had no activity and has eol. Closing.

** Changed in: pcsc-lite (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pcsc-lite in Ubuntu.

  pcscd fails to access Reiner SCT CyberJack card reader

Status in pcsc-lite package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I tried to access my banking card for the first time since upgrading to
Precise Pengolin, but the system behaved somewhat strange:
  When i plug the reader into the USB port I usually get a LED flashing a few
times and some info about the device and its firmware version. I saw this today
as well, but instead of waiting for actions from the banking software the
display fell dead again and I couldn't do my banking.
  I investigates a bit and found this in syslog every time I plugged in the
reader:

  May 25 21:50:00 host kernel: [ 8119.920068] usb 2-2: new full-speed USB
device number 9 using uhci_hcd
  May 25 21:50:01 host mtp-probe: checking bus 2, device 9:
"/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-2"
  May 25 21:50:01 host mtp-probe: bus: 2, device: 9 was not an MTP device

  Scanning through udev rules I found the device in /lib/udev/rules.d/40
  -libifd-cyberjack6.rules:

  ATTR{idVendor}=="0c4b", ATTR{idProduct}=="0400", MODE="660",
  GROUP="pcscd"

  Looks good to me, so I'm a bit lost for now.
  Maybe this is a udev problem, not pcscd's ?

  My setup information:
  Release:        12.04

  pcscd:
    Installiert: 1.7.4-2ubuntu2
    Kandidat:    1.7.4-2ubuntu2
    Versionstabelle:
   *** 1.7.4-2ubuntu2 0
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe i386
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Please let me know if and how I can be of any help to solve this.

  Thanks for your hard work, I love working with Ubuntu every day, as it
  fits my needs.

  Friedemann