Thanks for taking the time and trying to make Ubuntu better.

I am not sure if I understood your problem here. All the options you
mentioned are in the netstat manpage, they are listed in the SYNOPSIS
section and also OUTPUT section as "Active Internet connections (TCP,
UDP, raw)". They are not regular options, they are used to specify the
connection type.

I do not consider this as an Ubuntu bug, if you think more explanation
is required you should get in touch with upstream. I marking this bug as
Invalid, if you do not agree or you have more info to provide please do
it and put the status back to NEW.

** Changed in: net-tools (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to net-tools in Ubuntu.

  netstat man-page does not explain -t|--tcp, -u|--udp or -w|--raw

Status in net-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I tried looking up `netstat -tlnp` on https://explainshell.com, but
  there was no explanation for `-t`. It turns out that at least
  `-t|--tcp`, `-u|--udp` and `-w|--raw` aren't documented in the man-
  page
  (http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/en/man8/netstat.8.html).