I only have libpipewire installed, not pipewire media server.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  HDMI audio device disappears and is unavailble after several minutes
  of not being used

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  On system boot both of my audio devices are selectable and useable.
  After around 10 minutes the HDMI device just disappears and cannot be
  selected as output in either the task bar audio applet or in
  Kstart>system settings>audio(either devices or advanced tab).

  In the devices tab a device called Dummy output is displayed and in
  the advanced tab the HDMI device is shown, in this case GP107GL, with
  the profile in the dropdown box underneath it displaying off with no
  ability to switch it to on.

  If I go to pulse volume control>configuration i am able to select the
  HDMI device and the system will use it. If I play a 2 hour movie after
  this and then turn off the media player the HDMI device will once
  again disappear after about 10 minutes.

  When I ran ubuntu-bug <pulseaudio PID> the system identified the HDMI
  device and switched to it (it is set as default) and has remained
  accessable for 15 minutes now.

  I am running the NVIDIA 450 driver package.

  If I run Kubuntu 20.10 a similar problem occurs except the the profile
  of the device is somehow damaged but by selecting any speaker setup
  (profile), audio returns.

  Package: pulseaudio 1:13.99.1-1ubuntu3.7
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.11
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip