Also affected. Having Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (the default flavor).

lspci -v (yes, I have 2 gpus)

04:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 High Definition Audio Controller
(rev a1)
        Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 High Definition Audio Controller
        Memory at fa080000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

09:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 High Definition Audio Controller
(rev a1)
        Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 High Definition Audio Controller
        Memory at fc080000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

0b:00.4 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse HD
Audio Controller
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Starship/Matisse HD Audio
Controller
        Memory at fc400000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  alsa force-reload needed to fix my sound after upgrade to 20.04

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  New
Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrading from Ubuntu Mate 18.04 LTS to Ubuntu Mate 20.04 LTS
  "sudo alsa force-reload" is needed to fix my sound.

  I upgraded yesterday (23rd) before the official announcements of 20.04
  LTS. Using "do-release-upgrade -d".

  I'm not sure yet how often I have to run "sudo alsa force-reload".
  When I have no sound a reboot is not a guranteed fix although it
  worked once.

  Booting into a Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 LTS gets working sounds each time
  I tried.

  Audio:     Device-1: Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Family High Definition Audio
driver: snd_hda_intel
             Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.4.0-26-generic