** Changed in: ubuntu-system-settings (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Matthew Paul Thomas (mpt) => (unassigned)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-network in

  Connecting network jump is confusing

Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-system-settings package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 15.04 r23

  1. Do any of the following:
      - open System Settings > "Wi-Fi"
      - open the network indicator
      - flash the phone and go to the "Connect to Wi-Fi" step

  2. Tap a closed network that is not on top and that you haven't used
  before

  Behaviour I get:
  Network jumps to top. After a while a prompt pops up to request your
password. This can take up to 5 second on slow networks.
  This is very confusing. When the network jumped to the top, I wasn't sure if
I tapped it, so I tapped it again. This had the following result: *popup asking
for password appears* *popup goes away almost immediately* *popup comes back
after a few seconds*

  Proposed solution:
  Immediately after tapping a network, even before putting it on top of the
list, give it an indication of "trying to connect" either by a different color,
a loading icon, ... (let the design guys figure this out)