seems it has gone back to universe, preparing upload of ubuntu-meta and
will block it proposed to ensure we can test any fallouts.

** Also affects: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: block-proposed

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  [MIR] usrmerge

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in usrmerge package in Ubuntu:

  [Availability]

  In universe.

  [Rationale]

  Since Disco, Ubuntu has defaulted to merged usr systems, specifically
  that /lib is a symlink to /usr/lib.

  However, we have not yet completed this transition for systems that
  were installed pre-disco.

  This package performs such transition using maintainer scripts. It has
  been tested and improved thoroughly and has managed to work with all
  sorts of packages that happened to be installed on the system.

  For systems that were installed post disco, this package is
  effectively a no-op. Systems that use nfs mounting with split /usr
  care must be taken to ensure that initrd mounts nfs-backed /usr. The
  package aborts configuration if such rare configuration is detected to
  avoid potentially bracking reboot.

  For all other systems, we always provide a fallback initrd which has
  been mounting both / and /usr whenever possible.

  [Security]

  The package ships two perl scripts, which are executed by root from
  maintainer scripts.

  [Quality assurance]

  There is debconf question one can preseed to prevent the migration,
  there is README.Debian explaining what it does and how. It is a one-
  way / one-time migration, removing the package will not undo the
  migration.

  [Dependencies]

  Perl, and many documented conflicts to ensure that usrmerge compatible
  packages are on disk prior to migration.

  [Standards compliance]

  Adheres to Debian Policy.

  [Maintenance]

  Maintained in Debian, merged and supported by Foundations,
  foundations-bugs is subscribed.

  [Background information]

  This will complete usrmerge migration, and will allow to switch
  buildds to build packages with merged-usr by default.