fakeroot with glibc broke dpkg-deb for packages that do not use "Rules-
Requires-Root: no" was broken.

binutils stopped preserving permissions from objcopy & strip, leading to
incorrect permissions of files after stripping.

fakeroot is now patched with better glibc 2.33 support. TODO upstream
changes.

binutils is not fixed, as upstream changes are still being discussed.
Instead we have worked around objcopy/strip in debhelper to call those
tools from dh_strip in a safe manner.

We also rebuilt binutils against glibc 2.32, to avoid this new
behaviour. However, we need to resolve bintuils in a better way, one way
or another.

** Description changed:

+
+ binutils stopped preserving permissions from objcopy & strip, leading to
+ incorrect permissions of files after stripping.
+
+ fakeroot is now patched with better glibc 2.33 support. TODO upstream
+ changes.
+
+ binutils is not fixed, as upstream changes are still being discussed.
+ Instead we have worked around objcopy/strip in debhelper to call those
+ tools from dh_strip in a safe manner.
+
+ We also rebuilt binutils against glibc 2.32, to avoid this new
+ behaviour. However, we need to resolve bintuils in a better way, one way
+ or another.
+
+
+ --
+
  the current state of -proposed creates deb packages with buildd file
  owner/group for shared libraries.

  reported at least for kwayland-integration.

  $ dpkg -c kwayland-integration_5.20.90-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb|grep \.so
  -rw-r--r-- doko/doko     18984 2021-01-21 23:44
./usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kguiaddons/kmodifierkey/kmodifierkey_wayland.so
  -rw-r--r-- doko/doko     85392 2021-01-21 23:44
./usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kwindowsystem/KF5WindowSystemKWaylandPlugin.so
  -rw-r--r-- doko/doko     35536 2021-01-21 23:44
./usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/org.kde.kidletime.platforms/KF5IdleTimeKWaylandPlugin.so

-  - in a release pocket, rebuild binutils from proposed. correctly
-    restores the file ownership
+  - in a release pocket, rebuild binutils from proposed. correctly
+    restores the file ownership

-  - in a release pocket, update glibc from proposed. then rebuild
-    binutils from proposed. shows the wrong ownership
+  - in a release pocket, update glibc from proposed. then rebuild
+    binutils from proposed. shows the wrong ownership

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to binutils in Ubuntu.

  buildd file owner/group for shared libraries

Status in binutils package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in debhelper package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed