** Also affects: dbus (Ubuntu Focal)

** Also affects: systemd (Ubuntu Focal)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dbus in Ubuntu.

  dbus-daemon not started after reboot

Status in dbus package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in dbus source package in Focal:
  New
Status in systemd source package in Focal:

  In the past weeks we experienced few systems coming up without started
  dbus-daemon after reboots due to updates.

  The first occurrence happens on January 21th 2021, since this time we
  were experiencing 0 up to 2 machines with this issue on each reboot
  cycle affecting all (approx 20) Ubuntu 20.4 (Focal Fossa) LTS
  machines.

  On January 21th the machines were rebooted due to a kernel update. On
  January 19th there were updates for systemd (systemd:amd64 from
  245.4-4ubuntu3.3 undated to 245.4-4ubuntu3.4) installed.

  The Symptoms seem to be:
  ```
  root@es1:~# systemctl status dbus
  ● dbus.service - D-Bus System Message Bus
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/dbus.service; static; vendor preset:
enabled)
       Active: inactive (dead)
  TriggeredBy: ● dbus.socket
         Docs: man:dbus-daemon(1)
  ```

  There is no `dbus-daemon` process running any more after reboot.

  The messages in /var/log/syslog:
  ```
  Feb 24 09:21:52 runner1 kernel: [   11.005391] systemd[1]: sockets.target:
Found ordering cycle on dbus.socket/start
  [...]
  Feb 24 09:21:52 runner1 kernel: [   11.012386] systemd[1]: sockets.target:
Job dbus.socket/start deleted to break ordering cycle starting with
sockets.target/start
  ```

  Jounalctl output ends with the dbus-Shutdown before reboot, and it is
  not updated any more.

  When rebooting the affected machine again, this does'nt occur again,
  and the dbus-daemon is started and working again. We experienced this
  on 4 rather different machines on 6 reboot cycles across all Ubuntu
  20.4 (Focal Fossa) LTS machines till now.

  We are not experiencing this on other LTS releases than 20.4.