It's not clear to me why you would want to kill the ibus-daemon process
in the first place. It's setup (via im-config) to be started and
configured at login.

As regards commands to start ibus from terminal it differs depending on
the desktop environment.

GNOME:
ibus-daemon --panel disable --xim -d

Other desktop environments:
ibus-daemon --xim -d

In situations where ibus crashes somehow, and IM inputting stops
working, you normally can do:

ibus restart

to fix it.

** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  ibus very difficult to restart

Status in ibus package in Ubuntu:

  After closing ibus by task bar -> icon -> rightclick -> `Close` it
  seems to be impossible to restart it.

  Here some ways that should work and how they fail:

  1) Menu -> ibus
  -----------------
  - opens iBus settings
  - starts ibus service

  Problems:
    - No keyboard input is actually processed; I.e. cannot use keyboard then.
    - Service is not daemonized; I.e. as soon as the iBus settings window is
closed, the services quits.

  Suggestion:
    - No keyboard input possible seems to be a bug -> should be fixed.
    - Service should be daemonized at this point

  2) terminal -> `ibus start`
  ---------------------------
  Problems:
    - This command does not exist. One has to know, that `ibus-daemon` is the
one they are searching for.

  Suggestions:
    - Implement this command to start the daemon from here

  3) terminal -> `ibus-daemon &` / `ibus-daemon -d`
   - brings up ibus with usable keyboard (good)

  Problems:
    - As soon as terminal gets closed, ibus-daemon quits

  4) terminal -> `nohup ibus-daemon &`
   - brings up ibus with usable keyboard (good)

  Problem:
    - As soon as terminal gets closed, ibus-daemon quits (very strange.
something I wouldn't expect from a `nohup` call, by the way).

  System
  =======

  - I use ibus in conjunction with ibus-anthy

  lsb_release -rd
  ----------------------
  Release:      20.10

  apt-cache policy ibus