** Also affects: mesa (Ubuntu Hirsute)

** Also affects: mesa (Ubuntu Focal)

** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu Hirsute)

** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu Focal)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  FFE: new upstream release 21.0 and migrate to llvm 12

Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in mesa source package in Focal:
  Invalid
Status in mesa source package in Hirsute:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Mesa 21.0.0 will be released soon, and we still want it in 21.04. It's
  been in Debian experimental since rc1. The packaging also migrates it
  to use llvm 12.

  The risks involve graphical issues or even crashes when running more
  intense OpenGL/Vulkan apps like games. Running a desktop is a simple
  use-case and should work fine across the board. Upstream gitlab has a
  fairly extensive CI for various drivers, while Intel tests on their
  own CI. This means that any showstoppers should be shaken out already.

  We will be able to pull maybe two point-releases before hirsute is
  frozen, and then push more as an SRU.

  I've tested 21.0.0-rc's on Intel and AMD (RX 5700) and the latter too
  with some games, all good.

  packages for hirsute are available on ppa:canonical-x/x-staging