Thank you for the bug report.

It seems to me that this is a MATE-specific configuration, and not
something related to openssh.  When you ssh into a host, ssh takes
control of the terminal and the PS1 variable becomes something else,
which is reflected on the window title.  When you log out of the ssh
connection, PS1 doesn't get overwritten again because the control is now
back to your shell.

Maybe there are ways to force the window title to be "refreshed" when
you disconnect, but I don't know offhand, sorry.

I'm setting the bug as Invalid for openssh.

** Changed in: openssh (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu.

  window title in mate terminal not change after I logout from ssh

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  New
Status in mate-terminal package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in openssh package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I use Ubuntu Mate 20.04. I always update my system. When, I open mate
  terminal and login into my server via ssh, the window title is change
  to my server <username>@<server-hostname>. But, its not change after I
  logout. In this report I attach a proof. Thanks.