> Declaring "Fix Committed" when a fix exists in an upstream tributary
before anything has reached proposed is a procedure requested by seb128
and we now follow on the desktop team.

I'm not sure what you mean by "upstream tributary", but if the fix
exists in the main Ubuntu packaging branch used by the desktop team (ie.
Vcs-Git in debian/control points to it) then that makes sense, as it was
in this case. If you mean it's just fixed upstream somewhere, then that
doesn't make sense - Launchpad's bug tracker expects to have a separate
task to track upstream status if you want that.

However, from an SRU perspective, I would expect an upload to the
development release *before* an SRU is uploaded. Sometimes we make
concessions (eg. during a development release freeze), but I don't think
a sponsorship delay qualifies. The sponsor should be able to sponsor to
the development release first, so there's no reason not to do it.

I see it's there now, but please could you adjust your processes to make
sure that in the normal case, this happens? This would save me reviewing
the SRU twice.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  [hirsute/impish] Can't turn bluetooth on again after turning it off

Status in Bluez Utilities:
  Unknown
Status in GNOME Bluetooth:
  Unknown
Status in OEM Priority Project:
  New
Status in bluez package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in bluez source package in Focal:
  In Progress
Status in bluez source package in Hirsute:
  In Progress
Status in bluez source package in Impish:
  Fix Committed
Status in gnome-settings-daemon source package in Impish:

  [Impact]

  On/off of Bluetooth in gnome-control-center will not work properly in kernels
5.11 (approximately) onward. Devices are not refreshed in the list anymore.

  [Test Plan]

  1. Open gnome-control-center and select Bluetooth
  2. Turn off Bluetooth via UI
  3. Turn on Bluetooth via UI

  Expect: Device list appears, so Bluetooth really is on.

  [Where problems could occur]

  Since the fix involves the 'rfkill' logic it has the potential to
  affect any Bluetooth or Wifi on/off setting.

  [Other info]

  Upstream bug in gnome-bluetooth:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-bluetooth/-/issues/38

  Discussion in linux-bluetooth:
  https://marc.info/?t=162004758900003&r=1&w=2

  [Original bug report]

  When ever i Turn on my system or restart bluetooth is open any it
  connects to any device. But when i turn off bluetooth and try to turn
  it on again. it neither turns on nor scans/connects to any device.
  This is happening since I updated my system to ubuntu 21.04 LTS

    Bluetooth: hci0: HCI reset during shutdown failed

  Package: bluetooth (not installed)
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu65
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun Apr 25 15:09:23 2021
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200731)
  InterestingModules: rfcomm bnep btusb bluetooth
  MachineType: LENOVO 80TR
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_IN:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_IN
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.11.0-16-generic
root=UUID=7c507bd4-c66c-4233-a64e-804f6df5412b ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  SourcePackage: bluez
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to hirsute on 2021-04-22 (2 days ago)
  dmi.bios.date: 07/31/2017
  dmi.bios.release: 1.29
  dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.bios.version: 3UCN29WW
  dmi.board.asset.tag: No Asset Tag
  dmi.board.name: Nano 5B1
  dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.board.version: No DPK
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Tag
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.chassis.version: Lenovo ideapad 110-15AST
  dmi.ec.firmware.release: 1.29
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvr3UCN29WW:bd07/31/2017:br1.29:efr1.29:svnLENOVO:pn80TR:pvrLenovoideapad110-15AST:rvnLENOVO:rnNano5B1:rvrNoDPK:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrLenovoideapad110-15AST:
  dmi.product.family: IDEAPAD
  dmi.product.name: 80TR
  dmi.product.sku: LENOVO_MT_80TR_BU_idea_FM_Lenovo ideapad 110-15AST
  dmi.product.version: Lenovo ideapad 110-15AST
  dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO
  hciconfig:
   hci0:        Type: Primary  Bus: USB
    BD Address: C8:3D:D4:84:E0:06  ACL MTU: 820:8  SCO MTU: 255:16
    DOWN
    RX bytes:744804 acl:76 sco:0 events:105989 errors:0
    TX bytes:51871528 acl:113157 sco:0 commands:192 errors:0