** Changed in: mpg123 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mpg123 in Ubuntu.

  mpg123 fails playing icecast streams

Status in mpg123 package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: mpg123

  1) Ubuntu Release Information:
  Release: 8.10

  2) Package Version:
  mpg123:
    Installed: 1.4.3-3
    Candidate: 1.4.3-3

  3) I expected to play a streaming icecast server through Asterisk
  which failed. I tested and narrowed the problem down to the version of
  mpg123 currently in stable.

  4) Using the command "mpg123 -s http://twit.am/listen > test.mp3" I
  got the following output:

  ---------------------------------------------BEGIN
OUTPUT--------------------------------------------
  High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layers 1, 2 and 3
   version 1.4.3; written and copyright by Michael Hipp and others
   free software (LGPL/GPL) without any warranty but with best wishes

  Directory: http://twit.am/
  Playing MPEG stream 1 of 1: listen ...
  ICY-NAME: TWiT After Hours (Pre-recorded)
  ICY-URL: http://twit.am/listen
  MPEG 1.0 layer III, 64 kbit/s, 44100 Hz mono

  ICY-META: StreamTitle='1918-11-11_WINSTONCHURCHILL_00 - Winston Churchill';
  Note: Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0xcbb47d34 at offset 0x30ae.
  [parse.c:657] error: not attempting to resync...
  [mpg123.c:571] error: ...in decoding next frame: Lost track in the bytestream
and did not attempt resync. (code 27)

  [0:01] Decoding of listen finished.

  This seems to be a known and fixed problem, see the news archive at
  http://www.mpg123.org/cgi-bin/news.cgi regarding both "resync is
  enabled again for ICY streams (the trouble in the past was due to a
  reader bug, not the streams)" and "workaround for frames that fail
  decoding (bad frame body, missing bit reservoir): fill up with
  silence"